Your furry friend will be pawsitively ecstatic for this fruit-filled healthy treat.
Servings: 3 small parfaits
1/3 cup plain, unsweetened regular fat yogurt (or greek yogurt)
1 apple slice, finely diced
1 mango slice, finely diced
3 slices of banana
2 strawberries, finely diced
Let's get Cooking...
Layer all of the sliced and chopped fruit into small cups (we used espresso glasses), alternating the fruit with dollops of yogurt.
Top with a blueberry and a raspberry, then drizzle with honey. Serve immediately to your puppy!
Check out some of the nutritional benefits below:
- Apples: excellent source of vitamin A, C and fiber. Be sure to remove the core and seeds before serving to your dog
- Mango: packed with Vitamin A, B6, C and E, as well as potassium, betacarotene and alpha-carotene. Be sure to remove the seed, as it contains cyanide and is toxic to your dog.
- Bananas: high in potassium, vitamin, biotin, fiber and copper
- Strawberries: high in fiber and vitamin C. They contain an enzyme that will help whiten your dog's teeth.
- Blueberries: Rich in antioxidants, which prevent cell damage in both humans and dogs
- Raspberries: contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can help take pain and pressure off joints. They contain trace amounts of xylitol, which is toxic to dogs, so limit your dog to under a cup of raspberries at a time, for a large dog, and less for a small dog. One as a garnish is perfect!